The lips are the first to be damaged.
Lips don’t contain oil glands like other parts of the skin. This means lips are more susceptible to drying out and becoming chapped (cracked). Lack of moisture can make the problem worse, if it’s weather-induced or related to a lack of self-care.
- Being out in the elements can be harsh on your lips and can take up to 2-3 weeks to heal.
- Lip ointments should be reapplied frequently throughout the day so that the lips never feel dry.
- Rejuvenate your lips by applying a lip balm every 2-3 hours.
This is why we use nutrient-rich oils full of protecting minerals that creates a barrier - they don’t just smooth and repair, they feed the lips
- Natural oils lock in hydration while conditioning the skin with highly usable nutrients
- plant-based oils are respectful of your skin’s natural biology and are highly effective particularly in repairing the natural skin-barrier function.